It is important that all individuals at WSSB live an active healthy lifestyle. Those who engage in physical activity tend to have better focus, become more productive, and are more efficient in the workplace. Finding time to “go to the gym” can often be a struggle for working individuals. WSSB strives to make the “workout” process and experience more comfortable, convenient, social, and productive through the Fit for Life Wellness Program.
The Fit for Life Wellness Program at WSSB allows WSSB students, employees, volunteers, and the employees of all state agencies that are located on the grounds of WSSB to access the Stenehjem Fitness Center’s fitness room, mat room, gymnasium, and pool under the following conditions:
- Annually (July 1-June 30), all individuals wishing to participate in the Wellness program must fill out the corresponding membership form and sign the corresponding Assumption of Risk.
- Hours of operation will be determined at the beginning of each school year.
- WSSB students and outside rental organizations take precedence for use of equipment and facilities.
- Lockers may be checked out if available (locks must be provided by wellness member). All locker numbers and lock codes must be given to Wellness person.
- The pool may only be used when a certified lifeguard is in the building and permission is provided by the superintendent, wellness program coordinator or designee.
- Wellness coordinator, superintendent or designee may require a lifeguard to be on deck during pool use.
- Facilities must be left in original condition. Damaged equipment must be reported immediately.
- WSSB staff may only utilize the facilities on scheduled work days.
- Volunteers may only utilize the facilities on the days they volunteer on campus.
- Wellness members are not permitted to use the facilities without another approved wellness participant to ensure the safety of all.
- Monthly membership fees may be required and will be reviewed and determined at the start of each school year.
- Failure to abide by the above rules will result in the loss of facility usage.
- Access to the Stenehjem Fitness Center may be restricted at any time for maintenance, repairs, cleaning, safety or as otherwise determined by the superintendent or designee.