Provide guidance in the appropriate expenditure of Medicaid reimbursed funds also known as Third Party Billing.
APPROPRIATE USE OF:
- Primarily to be used to fulfill special education requirements of the students, meeting their IEP goals. To show maintenance of effort.
- Focus should be to support the ongoing needs of the areas generating the Medicaid reimbursement (Nursing, speech therapy, audiology, PT, OT, etc.).
- Should not be used to supplant state operating funds.
PROCEDURE TO EXPEND:
- Request for expenditure of 3rd party billing funds needs to be made on a Field Order A17-A.
- A justification for the purchase needs to be written on the Field Order A17-!.
- The Field Order is submitted to the Principal/Director of On-Campus or the Director of Residential programs for approval.
- The approver is accountable for insuring that the purchase meets the criteria for reimbursement under 3rd Party Billings.
- Submit the approved Field Order to the Supply Officer for processing.