Policy Approve By
Dr. Dean O. Stenehjem, Superintendent
Policy Date (original policy date)
Policy Prepared By
Mary Sarate, Director of Business and Finance
Provide guidance in the appropriate expenditure of Medicaid reimbursed funds also known as Third Party Billing.
APPROPRIATE USE OF:
- Primarily to be used to fulfill special education requirements of the students, meeting their IEP goals. To show maintenance of effort.
- Focus should be to support the ongoing needs of the areas generating the Medicaid reimbursement (Nursing, speech therapy, audiology, PT, OT, etc.).
- Should not be used to supplant state operating funds.
PROCEDURE TO EXPEND:
- Request for expenditure of 3rd party billing funds needs to be made on a Field Order A17-A.
- A justification for the purchase needs to be written on the Field Order A17-!.
- The Field Order is submitted to the Principal/Director of On-Campus or the Director of Residential programs for approval.
- The approver is accountable for insuring that the purchase meets the criteria for reimbursement under 3rd Party Billings.
- Submit the approved Field Order to the Supply Officer for processing.