Establish a policy\procedure whereby records can be retained for failure to pay fees or pay the school for damages. This policy\procedure is based upon RCW 28A.87.120, recodified as RCW 28A.635.060.
- Any pupil who shall deface or otherwise injure any school property shall be liable for suspension and punishment.
- WSSB holds the right to withhold school records, which may consist of, but not be limited to, the following: student grades, diplomas, and transcripts.
- WSSB may establish a voluntary work program in order to provide a means by which the student can provide restitution for damages.
- All students must be provided due process and the school must provide assurance that each child's due process rights have not been violated.
- Before any penalties are assessed, WSSB must make sure that the cost for damages is appropriate.
- If the Department of Social and Health Services or a child-placing agency licensed by DSHS has been granted custody of the child that child's records, if requested by the department or agency, are not to be withheld for nonpayment of school fees or any other reason.