Policy Approve By
Dr. Dean O. Stenehjem, Superintedent
Policy Date (original policy date)
Policy Prepared By
Jennifer Butcher, Teacher
General Pool Rules
- All swimmers must take a cleansing shower before entering pool.
- No running or horse play on the pool deck.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool area.
- No food, drink (other than water in plastic water bottles) or gum in the pool area.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate swimming attire. No cut off pants, jeans or loose tee shirts. No street shoes on deck.
- The pool is off limits to individuals with open sores, diarrhea, or any communicable infectious disease.
- No diving in shallow water. Diving in deep water must be permitted by the lifeguard.
- All instructions given by the lifeguard must be obeyed.
- No unsafe or inappropriate behavior-dunking, shoving, standing on shoulders, profanity, or intoxication.
- Children under the age of 8 or children ages 8-10 who cannot swim one full length of the pool, need to be directly accompanied by a parent or guardian or be in a supervised program.
- Floatation devices used by non swimmers must be coast guard approved. All other floatation devices used are at the discretion of the lifeguard or supervising staff.
- Children not potty trained must wear a plastic cover or swim diaper. No disposable diapers allowed.
- All rental groups must follow all WSSB general pool rules.
- Groups are asked not to use equipment belonging to WSSB such as goggles, kickboards, swim suits and towels unless the group has prior permission from WSSB supervising staff.
- Leave the locker rooms, pool deck, pool, and first aid station exactly how you found it.
- Do not use or tamper with lockers that have names on them.
- The first aid room will be left unlocked for phone access in case of emergency. The first aid room is off limits to everyone but WSSB staff, pool supervisors, and lifeguards. First aid room should be locked by rental group when leaving.
- The pool should be covered each day by the group last scheduled to use it.
- If an emergency occurs with the pool chemicals or equipment, please contact Rob Tracey at 360-606-5897 or 360-254-1399.