SUBJECT: Student Illness or Injury
A student who experiences any of the following during the school day, may require transport home by parent/guardian:
- Increased frequency of seizure activity
- Cluster seizures
- Seizure activity near or during time of transportation by bus to home
- Absence from school due to illness or injury, resulting in extended observation by RN in Health Center
- Illness requiring further examination and/or treatment by a physician
To provide continuity of care, information from the treating physician will be required for the following:
- Students requiring hospitalization or emergency care at any time.
- Absent for an extended period of time, requiring medical treatment.
- Any dietary changes
- Allergy status: Any new or change; in food or medication allergies
- Any medically necessary treatment, performed by nurses
- Any medically necessary treatment, delegated to other staff