Policy Approve By
Scott McCallum, Superintendent
Policy Date (original policy date)
Policy Prepared By
Janet Kurz, Executive Assistant
The Washington State School for the Blind (WSSB) has limited accommodations in the modular home that is located on campus. Parents, educational partners, and pre-service teacher candidates may stay in the modular home at no cost if they are on campus for school related business. Only the Superintendent can approve exceptions for accommodations for individuals other than listed above.
- Pre-service teacher candidates have priority over other requests.
- Applications for facility use are obtained from the Superintendent’s office. The application will be verified as to date availability. Applications must be received in the Superintendent's office at least seven days prior to the date of intended use.
- Completed Facility Use form must be returned to the Superintendent’s office and approved for processing of usage request. User will be notified if and when the requested use is approved.
- The applicant shall certify to be personally responsible for any damage or unnecessary abuse of school buildings, grounds, or furniture/equipment from the occupancy of said premises. The applicant shall agree to abide by and enforce the rules and regulations of WSSB governing the nonschool use of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- WSSB is a drug, alcohol and tobacco free zone. No guns or edged weapons are allowed on campus.
- When the building or equipment is damaged or left in an unsatisfactory condition, the responsible group will be billed for cost of repair and replacement and may be denied use of school facilities until payment is received.
- Applicants are expected to maintain reasonable standards of cleanliness in the modular. In the event extra resources are needed to clean, charges may apply.
- All equipment, furniture, and other school property will be protected and left in the same location and condition as originally found.
C. Right Reserved to Revoke Permits
The Superintendent reserves the right to cancel any permit given for the use of school buildings or groups where he deems such action advisable and in the best interest of WSSB, or to modify its policies at any time.