Section I - Background
The Administrative Procedure Act and Public Records Law as modified by the Legislature in 1989 established rules that a system of indexing for the identification and location of certain public records be established by each state agency (RCW 42.17.260(4)).
The following records must be part of the public records index.
All records issued before July 1, 1990, for which the agency has maintained an index. 2) Final orders after June 30, 1990, issued in adjudicative proceedings as defined in RCW 34.05.010(1) and contain the decision. 3) Declaratory orders entered after June 30, 1990, that are pursuant to RCW 34.05.240 and the decision. 4) Interpretive statements as defined in RCW 34.05.010(8) entered into after June 30, 1990. 5) Policy statements as defined in RCW 34.05.010(14) that were entered after June 30, 1990.
Records retention officer for the school is the executive secretary to the superintendent.
Section II - Procedure
The following indexing of public records is required by RCW 42.17.260(4).
Personnel File Index - Personnel Office, WSSB
- Employee Personnel Files which include but are not limited to: P-2s (Personnel Action Forms), performance evaluations, transcripts, HRDIS (training), and insurance information.
- Classification Questionnaires (CQs)
- Leave Slips
- Nonpermanent Employees' Status and Hours
- Bid Lists
- Seniority Lists
- Intermittent Lists
- Affirmative Action Plan and Report
- Employee Address Files
- Service and Employee Award Files
- Industrial Insurance Loss Control Claims Management Files
- Immigration Reform Control Act Files (IRCA)
- Employee and Volunteer Background Clearance
- Union/Management Meeting Minutes, Teachers Association and Wa. Federation of State Employees
- Compensation Plan
- Personnel Board Minutes
- Merit System Rules
- Legislative Bills and WACs (agency-related)
- Salary Surveys - Comparable Worth
- Position Reports
- Personnel Handbook
- Post Exposure Record (Hepatitis B and HIV)
Business Office Index - Business Office, WSSB
- Official Budget Information
- Records Retention Schedule for Business Records
Student Medical Information - WSSB Student Health Center
- Medical Face Sheet on Each Student
- General Permission Forms
- Medical/Dental Insurance Coverage Forms
- Immunization Forms
- Physician's Exam Report
- Audiologist Report
- Low Vision Centers Evaluation
- Physical Therapy Reports (when sent from PT)
- General Nursing Notes and Medical Records
Student School Records Index - Irwin Building, WSSB
Records Officer for Student Files is the Director of Education Programs
Official Student Files:
- Student Application Materials
- Medical Records (secondary source)
- Student Evaluation Information
- General Correspondence
- Academic Reports
- IEP Compliance Documentation
- IEP Progress Reports
- Student Summer School File
Final Orders/Declaratory Orders/Interpretive Statements
These three may be located in three different locations depending on the nature of the orders or interpretive statement.
- Personnel Issues - Personnel Office, WSSB
- Business-related Issues - Business Office, WSSB
- OSPI Compliance Reports - Superintendent's Office, WSSB
- Accreditation Reports - Superintendent's Office, WSSB
- Attorney General's Opinions - Superintendent's Office, WSSB
- Governor's Executive Orders - Superintendent's Office, WSSB
- School-wide Implications - Superintendent's Office, WSSB
Record Index Update Procedure:
- The Record Index is updated on a continual basis as needed.
- Copies of the index will be made available at no charge upon request to the public records officer for the agency.
- All aspects of confidentiality will be followed in regard to school or agency records. This will vary with the types of records being requested. WSSB personnel officer is the Rules Coordinator for these decisions along with advice from the attorney general's office appointee representing WSSB.
- Current Public Records Officer for WSSB: Secretary to the Supt.