To ensure the health and safety of all students.
If a student is missing during the school day:
1. Staff must notify the Irwin office within ten minutes if a student does not present themselves in an assigned class.
2. The Irwin building secretary will make campus contacts to attempt to locate the student:
A. Health Center
C. Old Main offices
D. Check mobility, daily living skills, work experience schedules.
3. Director of On-Campus Programs (or designee) will be notified and search will begin.
4. If immediate campus search is negative, all available staff will be called via telephone "all call" to assemble in front of Irwin to organize complete campus and neighborhood search.
5. When the student is found, the search coordinator will notify searchers by contacting the Irwin office or the search coordinator.
A. Searchers should check in at least every 30 minutes for verification status with Irwin secretary (ext. 4141).
6. If the student has not been found within one hour, the Vancouver Police and parents shall be notified.
A. Further direction shall come from Vancouver Police.
B. Communication coordination shall be with a designated administrator.
7. It is the responsibility of all campus staff to notify appropriate persons if a student is to be detained for legitimate purpose, i.e., health center, meeting with another staff member, unscheduled appointments, etc.
If a student becomes missing during residential hours, the same procedure shall be used except:
1. Staff from the student's assigned cottage will make campus contacts to attempt to locate the student:
A. Health Center
B. Old Main offices
C. Other cottages
D. Recreation center, daily living skills
E. Stenehjem building, custodial
2. If immediate campus search is negative, the Associate Director Transition and Residential Programs will be notified at home or office.
3. All available staff will be called to assemble in the cot¬tage coordinating the search to organize a complete campus and neighborhood search.
A. Searchers should check in at least every 15 min¬utes with the search coordinator for a status report from the cottage.
4. If the student has not been found within one hour, the parents and Vancouver Police shall be notified. (Reporting time may vary depending upon age and ability of student.)
A. Further direction shall come from law enforcement.
B. Communication coordination shall be with cottage.