To establish a policy and procedure for the effective control of Information Technology assets and other small and attractive assets.
- SMALL AND ATTRACTIVE ASSETS - Assets that do not meet the state's capitalization policy (unit cost less than $5,000) but that an agency considers particularly vulnerable to loss, thus subject to special property control.
- Small and attractive assets will be entered in the local inventory system by the agency’s designated Inventory Officer.
- All assets are barcoded with asset tag numbers and entered into the Asset Tracking System (ATS). Owners are assigned to each item(s) and ultimately responsible for the safeguarding of the items. IT items include those listed under the below Class codes 7012-7013, 7018 and 7034-7039
- An inventory is done bi-annually. Old or outdated IT items are surplused or disposed of and removed from the system by the designated Inventory Officer.
- Agencies must include as small and attractive assets all items in the commodity class code major group 10XX – Weapons, Firearms, Signal Guns, and Accessories. WSSB also includes the following in its asset inventory system:
|5815||Teletype and Facsimile Equipment|
|5822||Communications equipment, public safety, audio video|
|5110-5130||Power and Mechanic Tools|
|6651||Optical devices, binoculars, telescopes, infrared viewer and range finders|
|6710-6730||Cameras, projectors, GPS units and related equipment|
|7012-7013||Microcomputer systems, laptops, iPads and notebook computers|
|7018||Data communications modems|
|7034-7039||Other IT accessorial equipment and components, external hard drives, monitors, printers|
|7420-7450||Printing Calculators, Office equipment, embossers and braillenotes|
|7719||Musical instruments, amplifiers, head sets, microphones > $500|
|7730||Record players, radios, televisions, VCR’s, video cameras, CCTV’s, braille displays and tape recorders|
|7810||Exercise equipment, bicycles|
|7910-7912||Vacuums and burnishers > $500|
Other small & attractive items, with a value of less than $300.00 may be entered into the local inventory records. Inclusion, ownership and associated risk to be determined by agency’s designated Inventory Officer.