Policy Approve By
Dr. Dean O. Stenehjem, Superintedent
Policy Date (original policy date)
Policy Prepared By
Dean O. Stenehjem
Provide for the safety and welfare of all staff, students, volunteers, and guests of WSSB.
- Evacuation routes must be posted in each room or building at WSSB. Each staff member must be aware of these routes and be able to assist with a safe and rapid evacuation in the case of an emergency.
- Staff members needing orientation and mobility training to facilitate this policy must be provided this within the first two days of a new site location.
- Students must be provided similar training as soon as possible to facilitate a safe transition during an emergency or drill. This should become part of the students education program.
- All staff will be provided training in appropriately dealing with persons of differing abilities.
- WSSB will upgrade all evacuation equipment so it can be effective with all disability groups, or make sure that a system is in place to inform all of an emergency.