To provide a procedure that can be easily followed in case a person is trapped in the elevator.
NOTE: Sonitrol Security Company is monitoring our elevator. The elevator is equipped with a sending unit that when triggered sends a recorded message to Sonitrol. This is in accordance with ADA in the event the person in the elevator is deaf or cannot speak. Trapped person also has two-way communication.
Persons Sonitrol will call in case of an emergency.
- Dave Zilavy (cell): 360-608-3797
- Dave Zilavy (desk): 360-947-3320
- Front Desk Old Main: 360-696-6321 x 0
- Custodial cell phone: 360-635-7542
- Janet Kurz (cell): 360-921-0307
- Scott McCallum (cell): 541-844-8890
The person listed above who receives the call from Sonitrol informing of a problem with the elevator should:
- Call Kone's 24-hour number: 1-877-276-8691. Direct Kone personnel to the elevator.
- Reassure the passenger(s) that help is on the way. Ask the person(s) to once again try the button.
- Go to the floor where the elevator is stuck and wiggle the door. Then ask the person to once again push the button.