To establish and provide a procedure by which administrative decisions can be made in the absence of the Superintendent.
- When absent, the Superintendent will leave an emergency number(s) at which (s)he can be reached. Each director and/or the superintendent's secretary will have this information.
- Attempts to reach the Superintendent should be made in the case of an emergency. If (s)he cannot be reached and a decision needs to be made, the procedure outlined below shall be followed:
- In the absence of the Superintendent, department chairs have the responsibility to respond as quickly as possible to any requests for information related to their specific areas of responsibility. Requests may come from the state government, legislators, parents, members of the public, and etc.
- Decisions affecting more than one area should be discussed between directors before a decision is made.
- When the Superintendent is gone for more than one day, (s)he will leave one of the directors in charge. The other directors will be informed of this decision.
- Emergency decisions that have been made and would normally include participation by the Superintendent must be reviewed within ten days of his/her return. The review process will include documentation and a statement of the rationale for the decision.