Guidelines on Anti-Virus Process
Recommended processes to prevent virus problems:
· Always run the Corporate standard, supported anti-virus software is available from the corporate download site. Download and run the current version; download and install anti-virus software updates as they become available.
· NEVER open any files or macros attached to an email from an unknown, suspicious or untrustworthy source. Delete these attachments immediately, then "double delete" them by emptying your Trash.
· Delete spam, chain, and other junk email without forwarding, in with <Company Name>'s Acceptable Use Policy.
· Never download files from unknown or suspicious sources.
· Avoid direct disk sharing with read/write access unless there is absolutely a business requirement to do so.
· Always scan a floppy diskette from an unknown source for viruses before using it.
· Back-up critical data and system configurations on a regular basis and store the data in a safe place.
· If lab testing conflicts with anti-virus software, run the anti-virus utility to ensure a clean machine, disable the software, then run the lab test. After the lab test, enable the anti-virus software. When the anti-virus software is disabled, do not run any applications that could transfer a virus, e.g., email or file sharing.
· New viruses are discovered almost every day. Periodically check the Lab Anti-Virus Policy and this Recommended Processes list for updates.