ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY Prepared: March, 1994
SUBJECT: Classification Questionnaire
Prepared by: Kim Shafer, Human Resource Consultant
Approved by: Dr. Dean O. Stenehjem, Superintendent
The description of work assigned, as outlined in the Classification Questionnaire (CQ), will be used by the Department of Personnel to classify this position. The CQ should be filled out and signed by the incumbent of the position. If there is no incumbent, it should be filled out by the immediate supervisor of the position. The CQ is not intended to measure how well the assigned duties are performed, but to find out the essential nature of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position so that it can be properly compared and classified in relation to other positions.
SECTION II. PROCEDURE
This procedure is written for positions already established. The CQ should be reviewed annually as part of each employee’s annual performance evaluation process.
1. Supervisor and Employee The most current CQ should be reviewed by both the supervisor and the employee annually.
2. Employee If the CQ is three or more years old or if the duties, supervisor or employee have changed, a new CQ should be completed and marked “update” in section 7.
Forward completed CQ to supervisor.
3. Supervisor Review CQ for accuracy. Complete supervisor’s statement, sign and forward to the superintendent for review.
4. Superintendent Review for accuracy, add comments, sign, date and forward to Human Resources.
Subject: Classification Questionnaire
5. Human Resources Review for accuracy and process as appropriate.
Copy and distribute to supervisor, employee and CQ file with the original to be filed in the employee’s personnel file. If vacant, the original CQ will be filed in the CQ file.