Check out some of the summer programs in the area! Please note that due to COVID-19, some or all of these programs may not be available.
Summer Programs: https://dsb.wa.gov/services/youth-programs-and-workshops.shtml
- Overnight Skills Program (Independent Living Skills Ages 9-13
- Youth Employment Solutions/Yes 1 (ages 14-15) includes career exploration, community service, daily living skills, and recreation. CANCELED
- YES 2 (ages 16 through high school graduation) teaches design a career portfolio, daily living skills/residential living, community service, recreation, 3-5 job shadows, public transportation, paid opportunity.
- Bridge Program (after high school graduation): Prepares for college, living in a dorm room, study/social skill, independence skills, orientation & mobility lessons, recreation, 5 credit university course.
- Student Work and Academic Growth (SWAG) (ages college undergraduate) Work Study Program: Work part time, practice independent living skills, take college courses.
- Zookeeper for a day (youth)
Other Summer programs:
- Camp Spark WA (ages 9-15): sports, community building, orientation & mobility, independence, advocacy https://nwaba.org/sports-programs/camp-spark-wa/
- Camp Spark OR (ages 8-15): sports, community building, orientation & mobility, independence, advocacy https://nwaba.org/sports-programs/camp-spark-or/