Summer Camp 2020
Dates: June 21 – 26, 2020
Location: Washington State School for the Blind, Vancouver WA
EmPower Summer Camp at WSSB will engage students in science-based inquiry, creativity through music, and collaborative hands-on activities. EmPower Camp includes daily physical and recreation activities. Previous year activities have included tandem cycling, hiking, self-defense class, crafts, swimming, goalball, paddle boarding, dance, kayaking, and more.
- Students will be provided the individual support needed to access each activity
- Nursing staff will be on-site each day
- Instruction provided by Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments (TVIs)
- Staffing is supported by individuals who are experienced and trained to work with youth who are blind/visually impaired
- In the evenings, campers will reside in their own rooms in a cottage, supervised by WSSB Residential Life Counselors
Eligibility: Students ages 11-14 who are at or near grade level. Applicants must be able to participate in physical activities (running, jumping and climbing).
Fee: $50.00 Fee includes t-shirt, activity admission, snacks and camp supplies
** scholarships available**
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Questions: Christine Basauri (360) 947-3309 or Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Link: http://bit.ly/WSSBcamp